Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

15lbs. of Spatchcock

Options
Spatchcocked two 7+ lb. capons last weekend for my in-laws. Seasoned under and over the skin with Montreal Chicken spice. Cooked them raised direct at about 300* until the breast was around 160* (took about 1 1/2 hours). Forgot to take pics when they came off but they turned out great! There were only 6 of us eating so we had plenty left over. I made some chicken salad with the white meat leftovers and have the dark meat in the freezer. I'll probably make enchiladas with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Some big ole birds for sure. What do you put in your chicken salad?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Those are some big yard birds!  It looks great!  Next time I do spatch I am going to make extra just for chicken salad.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    @Griffin... I usually just "wing it" on the chicken salad. Mayonnasie, of course. I had about a tbsp. of sour cream so I also added that and a shot of yellow mustard, diced celery and some sliced grapes. I also added some fennel seeds for a little extra flavor. The Montreal Chicken Spice had already given the chicken enough salt so did not need to add any more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.