Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket - timing and reheating

Ok so I have my 10 lb brisket I'm cooking for a friends birthday party. I don't want to screw it up. Party is set for 11:00 am tomorrow morning. If I cook it now I figure it'll be ready around 10 tonight. Should I go ahead and out it on now and then pull it off tonight to reheat tomorrow in the oven? Or should I risk putting it on later this afternoon/evening and hoping it's done in the morning? Help is appreciated because the grill is lit right now and I have to be at work soon!
·

Comments

• Put it on at 9 or 10 tonight if it's ready early put it in a cooler to hold for an hour two (I have held a brisket for 6 hours), it will be better than anything you reheat.

Gerhard
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,891
    +1
    If you don't mind doing an overnighter; I would put it on tonight and plan to pull it off and FTC it and slice just before serving.  
    gerhardk said:
    Put it on at 9 or 10 tonight if it's ready early put it in a cooler to hold for an hour two (I have held a brisket for 6 hours), it will be better than anything you reheat.

Gerhard

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • +1 more

I was cooking one for work last week and it hit 200 at midnight. I FTC it and left the cooler in the hot garage overnight. At 10am the next day it was still too hot to touch. It fell apart like no brisket I've ever done before. Everyone loved it. SUPER tender. That's 10 hrs in FTC.

Dallas Texas

·
  • noob question.... FTC = Foil then cooler?
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·
  • Foil Towel Cooler.

Wrap the brisket in foil (if it's not already, at the end of your cook)

Then wrap that in towels

Then put all of that in a cooler. Try to fill up all of the cooler with towels.

Dallas Texas

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,303
    i have the hardest time timing a brisket unless they are flats. what i do is cook a pork butt along with it just incase i get one of those briskets that take forever
    :D
    ·