Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket - timing and reheating

Options
Ok so I have my 10 lb brisket I'm cooking for a friends birthday party. I don't want to screw it up. Party is set for 11:00 am tomorrow morning. If I cook it now I figure it'll be ready around 10 tonight. Should I go ahead and out it on now and then pull it off tonight to reheat tomorrow in the oven? Or should I risk putting it on later this afternoon/evening and hoping it's done in the morning? Help is appreciated because the grill is lit right now and I have to be at work soon!

Comments

• gerhardk
    Options
    Put it on at 9 or 10 tonight if it's ready early put it in a cooler to hold for an hour two (I have held a brisket for 6 hours), it will be better than anything you reheat.

Gerhard
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    +1
    If you don't mind doing an overnighter; I would put it on tonight and plan to pull it off and FTC it and slice just before serving.  
    gerhardk said:
    Put it on at 9 or 10 tonight if it's ready early put it in a cooler to hold for an hour two (I have held a brisket for 6 hours), it will be better than anything you reheat.

Gerhard

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bucketoftruth
    Options

+1 more

I was cooking one for work last week and it hit 200 at midnight. I FTC it and left the cooler in the hot garage overnight. At 10am the next day it was still too hot to touch. It fell apart like no brisket I've ever done before. Everyone loved it. SUPER tender. That's 10 hrs in FTC.

Dallas Texas

• jtippers
    Options
    noob question.... FTC = Foil then cooler?
    SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

• bucketoftruth
    Options

Foil Towel Cooler.

Wrap the brisket in foil (if it's not already, at the end of your cook)

Then wrap that in towels

Then put all of that in a cooler. Try to fill up all of the cooler with towels.

Dallas Texas

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i have the hardest time timing a brisket unless they are flats. what i do is cook a pork butt along with it just incase i get one of those briskets that take forever
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it