Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

hot dog pies

hot dogs rolled in cheese then pie crust with a chardonay dijon. maybe they should be called trojan dogs

·

Comments

• calikingcaliking Posts: 6,584
    Nice. Whatcha drinking?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,757
    Well hell yeah! I'll take a few of those down along side a cold beer. Whatcha drinking?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Great post. Great view!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,035
    You did it again man............. not sure what is best: the photo or food
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,635
    sam adams, seems the distributor is not bringing up the negra modelo right now, im been complaining to every packy in the state, hopefully they start sending it up again
    :))  not that sam adams is no good
    :D
    ·
    Mickey said:
    You did it again man............. not sure what is best: the photo or food
    just be glad your not living here right now, migrating canadian geese were honking all night long, i could hear the occasional pellet gun at 2 or so in the morning with people trying to get them away from the houses. time to shut the windows
    :))
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,035
    Must be a pure hell where you live =))
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,144

Wow what a view!

Dogs look great, is that a mini I see?

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • Great idea, a must try. 
    Have you ever tried Evergood "sausages"? They are much more like hot dogs than a sausage or brat. They will take a spiral or in your case knurl cut very well. Think they would be good using your pie crust technique. Sam Adams Boston Lager always a favourite at Killington. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·

Great idea, a must try. 
    Have you ever tried Evergood "sausages"? They are much more like hot dogs than a sausage or brat. They will take a spiral or in your case knurl cut very well. Think they would be good using your pie crust technique. Sam Adams Boston Lager always a favourite at Killington. 
    dont think i can get those here but will look. even johnsonville sausages only sell one or two varieties here. these were the epensive 12 cent dogs from aldi's
    :D
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 10,468
    @skiddymarker, next time you're in Killington, grab some Heady Topper and Long Trail.
    ·
  • @Eggcelsior, The Summit and Casey's Caboose (I date myself) had Sam Adams or Rolling Rock as the Pub beer on a regular basis. I recall visiting Bridgewater Mall (an old factory with a bunch of small shops) on a rain day. The server at the Back Behind Saloon had advised that a trip over to the Mall was a good way to kill a few hours and much better than going into Rutland. Was surprised to find a craft brewery, Long Trail, in the Mall. Just Googled them and see they have grown quite a bit. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
    @skiddymarker, next time you're in Killington, grab some Heady Topper and Long Trail.
    long trail is good, should be able to find some pigs ear in that area as well
    ·