Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How old is this mini?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited September 2013
    I am thinking not all that old as it has two hinges and the older ones had one hinge. I would guess 3 or 4 years????????????????????
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    Is the grid 10" or 9"?

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• Mickey
    Hic said:
    Is the grid 10" or 9"?

or 9.5"
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    edited September 2013
    Nice 20 qt Yeti in background. I have a 50qt and after awhile realized was too big for afternoon trips to pool and other short outing so I also bought a 20qt Both mine are brown though. My buddy recently bought a 35qt and it is much easier to carrier bc it has the side rope handles but space wise the 25qt is perfect; occasionally it carriers more beer than I need for just a few hours. 
    Boom
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    I've had my mini for about 7 years and it looks exactly like that one. The gasket on that one is in a whole lot better shape than mine......no doubt it's been replaced.
  • Dude won't answer or call me back

XLBGE 
  • The black draft door on the bottom ages it more than the hinges. It was one of the early minis. The first had seams then that one. 8yrs maybe 10
  • Mine is about 7 years old and came with only one hinge.  So that one is definitely younger than mine, probably by a lot.

Spring "Eggs Don't Age, Only Their Parts Do" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Well he text me back someone is supposed to pick it up in the morning or he'd call me back. But apparently it's older and he wants 300.

XLBGE 
  • Mickey
    I think it's $65 to upgrade to new handle and hinge. About $30 to upgrade to 10" SS grate. No need to upgrade ceramics.

• "If" he text me back, he's gonna have to come off the price.

XLBGE 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Another thing to look at is the handle. That one looks like it swings/is not fixed in place, but I have no idea how to date those. Maybe you could carbon date it? LOL.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

"If" he text me back, he's gonna have to come off the price.
    Big time, MCN. I was about to grab one newer than that for 200 but then I found the new one for 274.

• Have a large just like this I bought on Clairmont Rd   Ir was in the early 1990's   Still in great shape, just cannot heat over 300 degrees.......
    Keep on Smokin!!!
  • Mickey
    Have a large just like this I bought on Clairmont Rd   Ir was in the early 1990's   Still in great shape, just cannot heat over 300 degrees.......

Add this HiQue and no problems. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

• I'm going to order a highQ for my small this weekend.

XLBGE 
  • Mickey
    I'm going to order a highQ for my small this weekend.

I put it in my Small when that came out (much needed (imo) . Worked well. Only sold it as I was not using, worked fine.

It (IMO) a must for the Mini and have in both Larges.

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    I'm going to order a highQ for my small this weekend.

I did one cook with the small OEM grate and ordered the HighQue. It won't run as hot as the large but I can hit 650-700 if I have everything cleaned out. It takes no time for it to lock in at 400, I am happy as all get out with my small.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.