Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Problems with temperature

New egg owner for less than a month and am having problems getting the egg over 300 degrees. It takes an hour to get to 300 degrees. It will maintain 300 degrees for over 10 hours with lots of lump left over, but very seldom will it go over 300 degrees. I've used BGE and Cowboy with the same results. The BGE is setup with the firebox cutout lined up correctly. I live at about 4,000 ft above sea level and the wind has been blowing for most of my cooks. I use the BGE fire starters and have tried using one, two, and three starters with the same results. I looked at pictures of the settings on others eggs and cannot even come close to those settings. With the bottom vent wide open and the daisy wheel with petals wide open the result is 300 degrees. I'm in the process of just letting all the lump burnout and am gonna clean out and start over. Please give some advice on getting the temperatures up. I want to do more than low and slow. I'm getting frustrated.
LBGE
Wyoming

Comments