Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Looking for a brisket recipe that is a little "different"

I am having a gathering this weekend with a large number of adults. As much as I would like to serve ribeyes that would be hard on my budget.  I realized I can get a brisket cheap but don't want it to taste like a normal brisket.  Once upon a time I went to a gathering wherein somebody brought a brisket that had been cooked, I believe, wrapped in foil with a half a bottle of merlot and then slow cooked in a large, rectangular appliance akin to a crock pot.  The brisket had the fall apart consistency of pulled pork and tasted more like steak than brisket.  It had a rich taste like a pricey steak.

Cooking on the BGE is, of course, a requirement, but has anyone seen/known of a recipe that would give a brisket a completely different character than the one I get with a normal rub & slow cook?

Thanks.

Comments