Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Impromptu Pork Chops

Options
After reading a thread about pork chops on the "Egg," had to do it. Little Dizzy Dust and reverse sear. These were some of the best chops we have ever had.
Muskogee, OK

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    + simple is good

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Loosemoose
    Options
    Can I ask what internal temp you did with the indirect?
    I did chops tonight to 150 indirect and direct to sear. They ended up at exactly 160 but were too dry.
    I guess I need to know the safe minimum for pork and not go so high on the indirect temp? I cooked at 275 indirect.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Nowhere Indiana
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    edited November 2013
    Options
    @Loosemoose :USDA says that 145°F is safe for pork chops. They are amazing when done that way - its like you didn't know pork chops could be that good. At least that's how I felt. 

Pull them when they hit 140 and rest. Temp should rise up to 145 during the rest. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Loosemoose
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the info caliking.
    Nowhere Indiana