Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Eggless... :(

gooseberrygooseberry Posts: 20
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum

Hi, y'all! Back in May I attended a function hosted by a local hardware store in which they showed off The Big Green Egg. I had never heard of one before...and I fell in love. Each Egg was cooking something different...chicken, stuffed mushrooms, ribs, pizza, even desserts! It was wonderful, but when I went to price them...I realized it is beyond my means at this time. Life has taken a detour for me and right now I just don't have the funds to invest (and it would be an investment, I know) in an Egg. I saw a similar shaped cooker at the grocery store over the summer for less and came THIS close to getting it...but I'm holding out for a real Egg someday.

So...I was back in the same hardware store today (The Plantation is the name of it) and there is a raffle going on for a large Big Green Egg and table! (They make these tables there...wonderful hard wood things that the Egg fits into and it has cabinets built in, too...) It's for a local policeman who has pancreatic cancer. His partner is hosting the raffle. I bought 3 tickets and even if I don't win, I know the money is going to a great cause.

Even though I'm Eggless right now, I hope you can welcome a new guy (ok...gal) on the block. :)

Someday!!! Someday I'll have one!  :)

For now, I hope you don't mind if I just dream and see what y'all are up to. :)

Big Egg dreamin' in Richmond Hill, Georgia

Comments