Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Eggless... :(

gooseberrygooseberry Posts: 20
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum

Hi, y'all! Back in May I attended a function hosted by a local hardware store in which they showed off The Big Green Egg. I had never heard of one before...and I fell in love. Each Egg was cooking something different...chicken, stuffed mushrooms, ribs, pizza, even desserts! It was wonderful, but when I went to price them...I realized it is beyond my means at this time. Life has taken a detour for me and right now I just don't have the funds to invest (and it would be an investment, I know) in an Egg. I saw a similar shaped cooker at the grocery store over the summer for less and came THIS close to getting it...but I'm holding out for a real Egg someday.

So...I was back in the same hardware store today (The Plantation is the name of it) and there is a raffle going on for a large Big Green Egg and table! (They make these tables there...wonderful hard wood things that the Egg fits into and it has cabinets built in, too...) It's for a local policeman who has pancreatic cancer. His partner is hosting the raffle. I bought 3 tickets and even if I don't win, I know the money is going to a great cause.

Even though I'm Eggless right now, I hope you can welcome a new guy (ok...gal) on the block. :)

Someday!!! Someday I'll have one!  :)

For now, I hope you don't mind if I just dream and see what y'all are up to. :)

Big Egg dreamin' in Richmond Hill, Georgia

Comments