Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

smoking pork chops!!!!!!

I have some pork chops about 1/4 or1/2 inch thick ...I want to smoke them with apple wood so since they are pork can I do them just like the ribs??? 250 for a few hours or will that dry them out because they are thin? Or should I just marinate and grill indirect at 300 untill temp about 160-170...all help is welcome. ..thankyou my fellow Eggers! !!
"Ask not what your Egg can do for you, but what you can do for your egg" 1LBG 1XLBG , Grilling, JimBeam, and Life....What else is there??!!!!!
·

Comments

• shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Being that thin I would go raised direct at about 350 dome. It won't take them long.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • If they are regular chops I would suggest brining them first (if you have the time).  If they are whole muscle (no moisture enhanced/tenderized/water added) then I also would suggest cooking them to a lower temperature like 150-155.  They will rise a bit during the rest and you finish right around 160.  If they are pumped/tenderized whatever, then you might go to 160 before taking off since you aren't likely to dry out water anyway.

If you don't have time to brine them it isn't a big deal, but I'd suggest a hotter fire (400+) and raised direct grate and finish at the lower temp.

Large BGE

·