Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

smoking pork chops!!!!!!

Options
I have some pork chops about 1/4 or1/2 inch thick ...I want to smoke them with apple wood so since they are pork can I do them just like the ribs??? 250 for a few hours or will that dry them out because they are thin? Or should I just marinate and grill indirect at 300 untill temp about 160-170...all help is welcome. ..thankyou my fellow Eggers! !!
"Ask not what your Egg can do for you, but what you can do for your egg" 1LBG 1XLBG , Grilling, JimBeam, and Life....What else is there??!!!!!

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Being that thin I would go raised direct at about 350 dome. It won't take them long.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• BigWader
    Options

If they are regular chops I would suggest brining them first (if you have the time).  If they are whole muscle (no moisture enhanced/tenderized/water added) then I also would suggest cooking them to a lower temperature like 150-155.  They will rise a bit during the rest and you finish right around 160.  If they are pumped/tenderized whatever, then you might go to 160 before taking off since you aren't likely to dry out water anyway.

If you don't have time to brine them it isn't a big deal, but I'd suggest a hotter fire (400+) and raised direct grate and finish at the lower temp.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE