Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribeye setup

3sheets3sheets Posts: 81

Started the ribeyes indirect on the raised half grill and then droped them down on the cast iron direct to finish. Turned out great.

Location 33.537588, -83.969298 (33.5 miles and 41 minutes SE of the Mothership)

·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,236

@3sheets-first up, welcome aboard.  Great cook-enjoy the journey. Second-what class/name for the submarine avatar? 

Louisville
    ·
  • That is the USS Salmon SS573. I took the picture from the USS Sailfish SS572.

DBF!  Yours looks like a nuke.

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,236
    Yup-USS Louisville (SSN-724), one of a few (all nuke) that I sailed in.
    Louisville
    ·
  • I sailed on both but "pig boats" are way more fun.

Really enjoying my XLBGE. I saw my first one in the store on Clairmont Road in Atlanta in about 1976 or 1977 but just never bought one until just a few months ago. Now we cook something at least every weekend.

I drove by the Mothership this morning but did not have time to stop and shop for any extras. I'll bet they hat something in there I really needed.

·