Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Another newbie..

Hey everyone, not new to grilling or smoking but just purchased a large BGE and wanted to see what you guys are doing with them. Looks like a great forum with some really experienced members. Have used and own several Weber kettles, WSM, electric smoker, and gassers in my time, but this looks like fun! Thanks for having me.
Cherry Hill, NJ
·

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,568
    I think you will find using the Egg is remarkably easy. Don't fuss too much about getting exact temp, tho the Egg often can be fired to a very specific temp, and stay there for hours or (for low temp cooks) days. And the moisture retention makes so many foods better.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,635
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Degree of "Kool-Aid" consumption is a matter of personal choice.
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    Welcome... Use the versatility of the egg. Have fun and stay involved.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467

Keep in mind that you ask a question you will get 3 different answers but all three are correct....

Welcome to our ;oaweijfo[wiej.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 615
    Welcome and Enjoy

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • Welcome and enjoy the Egghead lifestyle 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,476

Welcome to the party.

By chance might you be from Texas?

We seem to be on a roll!

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,683

Welcome to the club!

You're gonna enjoy it...........................

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
  • Welcome man.  I'm new too.  I am big into cooking pizza on it, grilling vegetables, pork shoulders, ribs, chickens, shoot anything.  Sometimes I throw some woodchips to smoke and other times not.  As someone else said its an extremely versatile cooking instrument. I'm sure you will love it more and more as you cook with it.

LRG BGE

Columbia, SC

·
  • pineypiney Posts: 614
    Welcome my friend! There has been a lot of new eggowners lately. I am glad to see that BGE is getting out there more and more everyday, the more cooks the better we will all be. This (I hope) says something for the U.S. economy. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • Welcome
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Welcome aboard. Anything you can cook on the stove or in the oven can be cooked on the egg. Have fun!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Welcome, welcome, and welcome.
    XL owner in Wichita, KS
    ·