Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: The further wussification of America

2»

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025

I do worry about having enough "alpha males", to make our country, cities and neighborhoods , secure like they should be. 

I worry more about Washington doing that.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • compassion for the other team, is kiddie speak for moral equivalency.  A very large part of the decline of American society.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

compassion for the other team, is kiddie speak for moral equivalency.  A very large part of the decline of American society.

Doc, you're getting all existential on us. While it is often used as a logical fallacy, I don't know if it applies to sports. At the end of the day, no one dies from sport(on purpose) as opposed to war. I dig where this is going.
  • I think the rub here is the "mandatory" mercy rule.  To me, mercy and compassion are always welcome in sports if it is voluntary and from the heart.  I get tears every time I watch this video.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Damn you village...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I have found that the ones that say "get over it" are rarely the ones being oppressed.
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    I started playing football in second grade and quit after high school.  I can tell you as a boy punishing me after a loss probably would little effect on the following weeks performance.  So saying the coaches need to beat up on the losers is kinda weak.  In HS I got beat up by coaches and I beat myself up over poor performances.  I agree that the mandatory mercy rule is BS,  but I think that the coaches that are running up the scores need to be talked to.  If your up by 35 and you have your X's in still your just being a ****.  You don't have to roll over to let the other team recoup some points. You can give your second and third stringers some playing time or let some of the kids try out a different position. 

Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • Imagine 20 years from now! One guy gets his eyebrows toasted.... No more green eggs.