Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brats and Tots

With all the talk about spatchcock chickens this week, I really wanted to do one last night. I got home from work and sat down to take my boots off and somehow ended up taking a nap. Must have been more tired than I thought. When I got up, I raced to the store and grabbed a chicken, but it was still partially frozen, so I opted for doing some brats instead. Quick and fast, perfect for somebody who accidentally took a nap and was still at the grocery store at 5:30.

I'm having a mind fart right now and can't think of who always talks about lighting the mini from the bottom, but decided to give it a go last night to see what I thought. I rolled up a piece of paper towel (the half sheet kind) and soaked it in a bit of canola oil and slid it in the bottom and gave it a light. Seemed to take a bit longer to get going, but I ended up with a more uniformly lit bed of coals. I was using all brand new charcoal, so that might have played into it. Gonna try it a few more times to see what I thought.

Anway, grilled them up at about 400, then grilled some buns. Topped with sauerkraut and some spicy brown mustard. Nothing fancy or new, but simple and tasty regardless. And of course I had to have some tots to go with them.

imageimageimage

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments