Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Guy Here!!

Hello everyone! New guy here, been lurking, learning, and egging for about a year. Hope to contribute a little and gain a lot from those with many more cooks than I. Well I guess I will share my most recent cook and I apologize for the blurry pics as my wife is the official family photographer.

Chuck Eye Steak with Red Potatoes, Onions, Delicata Squash, and Herbs.

Jessie Rice
Katy, Texas

I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. - John Steinbeck

Katy, Texas

·

Comments

• Very nice, welcome to the cult.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,938
    Welcome...

Practice makes perfect... In egging and photography :) So do more of both and share it so we can see how good you're getting

Enjoy!

H
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,435
    Welcome. Food and pictures look great.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Nice pics....welcome.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,377
    Welcome, great to have another Texan with us.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,301
    Hotch said:

Welcome, great to have another Texan with us.

I don't know about that. This place might need to change the name to The Texas Egghead Forum(plus some outlying areas).

Must be something in the water down there.
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,377
    +1

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Very nice cook, love roasting veg on the egg. I look forward to seeing and reading about more of your cooks...
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,496
    Welcome aboard and great start.  Enjoy the journey.
    Louisville
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,441

Am I the only one noticing a lot of Texans of late. The rest of you may want to start to move here before it gets over ran. We just want Eggers please....

Nice to have you Jessie,  welcome. Your wife must be a pro if your shots are blurry. Please hold the 15th of March open to come join a bunch of  us at the Salado EggFest about 160 miles north on I-35..

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,451
    Welcome aboard! Another Texan :D

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    Welcome and Enjoy.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • pineypiney Posts: 601
    Welcome Jessie, thanks for the pics I also love grilled veggies. I also agree with Hapster but, there is no way my photos will ever compare to his! I also agree with Eggcelsior everyones from Tx., I go through Katy twice a week does that count? 
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • Welcome !
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Welcome . Glad you finally made it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone!

I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion. - John Steinbeck

Katy, Texas

·
  • Another Texan newbie, looking forward to a weekend of cooking! Have a turkey and looking at the Mad Max method I found here, and maybe some pizza. ribs....what else?
    Vision Classic 9/2013 - Newbie   Pearland TX (Got Humidity?)
    ·