Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kitchen Equipment To Help With Our BGE's

Options
Dredger
Dredger Posts: 1,468
What's the most helpful piece of kitchen equipment to help you with your cooks? This is one I ran across that I use a lot. It's called the Coating Buddy.
You can get them at different places, but I hadn't seen one in probably 25 years. When I ran across it, I grabbed it. Everyone that has seen me use it always wants one. Makes quick work of breading anything and the price is reasonable at $17.00.
Large BGE
Greenville, SC

Comments

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options

I just put on latex gloves.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Your name, this post... Your name, this post...

Something smells punny in here...

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Dredger also sells Mangrates.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Dredger
    Options
    Lol, the Dredger handle refers to gold dredging. It's one of our hobby's.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Dredger
    Options
    @canegger - a must have for those hot days on the water with the dredge.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    $17 will buy some beer...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • GATraveller
    Options
    "dredger" pretty well summs up my dating habits in college.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Terrebandit
    Options
    Do the make them the size of a brisket or pork butt? Now, that would be interesting.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Dredger
    Options
    Naw, it's great for okra or chicken pieces or cube steak or seafood. @terrebndit do you normally bread a brisket or pork butt? I would think that would be unusual. Sorry for the initial post. I wanted to share something I found useful, but obviously that is not a good thing here. I honestly thought the topic was worthwhile, but it seems that it is not. Won't bother again.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    It's all cool Dredger. I just got a kick out of it after clicking on the link and then coming back to your name. It does seem pretty nice for evenly coating food and keeping SWMBO out of my hair for making a mess of the kitchen.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Dredger, thanks for the link. Will that work with wet batter? Couple of them could reduce the mess of the dredge line. Also thinking that be an easy way to get a light coating of corn starch on the wings
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Terrebandit
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Naw, it's great for okra or chicken pieces or cube steak or seafood. @terrebndit do you normally bread a brisket or pork butt? I would think that would be unusual. Sorry for the initial post. I wanted to share something I found useful, but obviously that is not a good thing here. I honestly thought the topic was worthwhile, but it seems that it is not. Won't bother again.

Please don't take what I said personal or as a dig on your original post. My intent was to be funny and not to attack you in anyway. I see uses for this gizmo for sure. I would like to try it with boneless and skinless chicken breasts on the BGE. Might be good for doing a fish fry too.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • Dredger
    Options
    Sorry about my snarky post guys. I had just finished trying to do a calzone and couldn't get the Publix dough to cooperate. I had to waaay overwork it and it was tough as nails. Filling was great though, but dinner was very late. @Terrabandit, no problem. I do love the humor here. I should be more thick skinned. @AustinEgghead, yes it works with both wet and dry batter. It's amazing how evenly it coats, almost powder thin and it really makes no mess like using plastic bags.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Seanr7
    Seanr7 Posts: 207
    Options
    I always go back to Alton Brown, never buy something for the kitchen that's a single use item.
    XL BGE
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    We use one of these when I light up the deep fryer. Catfish mostly. They are great at first but the flour/breading starts to ball and cake up after 10 or 12. Then need a refresh.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX