Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Butt with Beaucoup Bark, Buddy!

MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,266
edited September 2013 in EggHead Forum
Greetings friends,

In a few days, I will be slicing a pork butt into ~2" steaks and low and slowing them to try and get a pulled pork maximum bark finished product. I'll prolly use the v-rack. The outside of the pork is always the tastiest. I shall update this thread as progress warrants....

See you on the other side!!

8-Damien
Large BGE -- Greensboro!

·

Comments

• @cortguitarman
    Did something similar but I think it was more like pork on a stick.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Or maybe it was @chubbs

:-??

Good luck anyway. Post some pics

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • I wonder if it will still be moist and tender if the total mass is reduced like that. Let us know how it goes.
    Dave - Austin, TX
    ·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,442
    I wonder if it will still be moist and tender if the total mass is reduced like that.
    Don't see how it won't dry out before a good bark forms, but hey, what do I know?

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·
  • Wasn't me, but this is interesting.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,565
    I sliced an 8 pound (boneless) butt into 3 pieces trying for maximum barkage and it turned out great. I had to keep a closer eye on the temps because they all cooked differently. Good luck. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·