Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small BGE outdoor cover

Options
Egghead57
Egghead57 Posts: 1
edited August 2011 in Forum List
Long time reader, first time poster..

What is the best outdoor cover for the small in a nest?

I recently purchased a small egg to complement the large I've had for a few years. The large is in a table in the garage that is rolled out when needed. I plan on keeping the small on my back porch to be upstairs closer to the kitchen, but I can't stand the thought of her being out in the elements.

Comments

• Bonar
    Bonar Posts: 28
    Options
    I got a Weber vinyl cover $6.00 for 18" kettle that works perfect for this same setup you have.
  • Bonar
    Bonar Posts: 28
    Options
    By the way, I keep the bottom vent open on the egg to help prevent moisture build up inside egg and also keep ashes cleaned out when I have the vinyl cover on. I do not put cover on until egg is cooled down of course. At six bucks not a lot of risk.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Similar solution - but I bought the "premium" Weber cover. They used to be put together much better, but the new ones don't look as durable   as the ones I bought a couple of years. For $6 though I would give it a shot - waaayy cheaper than the official  BGE one. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.