Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Village Idiot

How long do you let the pepper sauce "age"? I've got some going now.

For some odd reason, the forum says I don't have permission to message you.

XLBGE 

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,219
    He's blocked you... >:)
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MCN,

I'd say about 3 months.  Before I moved a couple of months ago, I had two chile pequin bushes.  I'd start a batch when there were a bunch of ripe (red) ones on the bush.  Then, as more became ripe, I'd add to the bottle.  You can really go by smell.  Uncork the bottle and sniff.  If it smells hot or burns your eyes, it's ready.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapple said:
    He's blocked you... >:)
    Damn !  I thought I was blocking YOU, henapple.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,219
    This place used to be a lot nicer... I like it better now.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ha thanks man. Recently I've been given a lot of peppers. Excited about trying some new recipes.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • If they're hot, make pepper jelly.  I made some out of serranos.  Mahvelous !

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• I've had two people give me some peppers and they we're both poor historians. I can obviously tell which are jalapeños, bell's, and cayenne. But the ones in the picture I'm still not sure on. I've seen some long finger peppers that could be the red ones. And the little ones might be a Thai. But I don't know. They smell hot. The small ones are hard right now, almost waxy. Some have turned red but they are still hard. The bigger ones have a soft worn leather like skin.

XLBGE 
  • There's only one way to tell.  Man up and taste them.   :-O   :-&

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Stupid thing still won't let me

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE