Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spatchcock.. Paella test

Options
Spatchcock for dinner. Eat half and use the other for chicken salad. Would it be worth it to make the bomba rice just to get a feel for itbbefore going all in?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    If you are practicing use cheaper Arborio. It's still good but bomba is really expensive and hard to find.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm in the "all in" camp.  Figure that gives me solid baseline to assess my mistakes or ways to improve.  For TNW's recipe, I bullet point the key steps in a list (with approximate times) and just follow it.  But as mentioned in your other paella thread, the key is to have all the ingredients ready to go before you start.  This cook is very much a series vice parallel event for me.  Just remember the rice mixture is the center-piece so don't go with too much of the supporting cast (meats, seafood, veggies etc).  It will turn out great.  BTW-when serving make sure to get all the garlic from that head that is used in the center of the cook.  Takes eggcellent care of vampires :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Found a rice dish on Naked whiz...
  • Cookinbob
    Cookinbob Posts: 1,691
    Options
    I always use Arborio rice for paella. Bomba can't possibly be worth the cost IMHO.
    XLBGE, Small BGE, Homebrew and Guitars
    Rochester, NY
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I bought 3 today... Very expensive but I want to try it.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Cookinbob said:
    I always use Arborio rice for paella. Bomba can't possibly be worth the cost IMHO.
    Try Bomba once and you'll change your mind!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.