Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The son's first cook on the egg

SmokingInMO
SmokingInMO Posts: 169
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well he turned 10 today so I thought it was about time to teach him the ways of the egg. His first cook a boston butt, not an easy task for a first cook but he managed well. He made his own rub and fired up the egg like a pro. His dad now the one handed bandit since breaking my thumb just stood by and watched. He stabalized the egg at around 270 and is going for his first all night cook. Feels good to introduce a new egger to the World.

Comments

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    SmokingInMO,
    Awesome.

• SmokingInMO, Sounds like a lot of fun. I remember those days with my grandfather. I'm picturing it right now. Clear night, suttle sounds of the stream, the pit all hot and ready for the hog at 3am, and my grandfather telling me all sorts of stories. Damn I miss those days.[p]LOL, he told me once that he had people lined up around the bend for the first ear of corn to be pulled out of the pigs uhumm. He said that its the tastiest corn you'll ever eat, considering all that pork fat. I don't know, after all the pig roasts I've done, I've still never got the nerve to try it. I just keep picturing it....lol.[p]phillip

• SmokingInMO,
    Good for you, teaching him how to cook!!!!!!!
    I think that no matter how it turns out , this will be one of the finst meals cooked on the bge. Please send pics!!!!!!
    360 guy --gary