Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OMG; new Large for sale on craigslist

500500 Posts: 1,541
Don't know if I should be sharing this, if one of jump on it before I do;
http://richmond.craigslist.org/app/4071124389.html
Without a warranty though, what's a price to offer this guy.  Would love have a 2nd Large
Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
"Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
·

Comments

• you can buy a demo egg used only for eggtoberfest with a nest ,plate setter ,grill gripper,ash tool ,box of fire starters  and a 10 pound bag of lump for $750.00 just go to thr Eggfeast link on the bge web site and check it out 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • 500500 Posts: 1,541
    Thanks.  That's a voice of reason.  I saw it and thought;  Hey, this guy is in my backyard and wants to sell a new Egg.  First of, what is he thinking, then second, how cheap can I talk him down?
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
    ·
  • yeah but their is no warrente on that egg if you buy a demo egg it has a warrantee the only thing is you have to go to Atlanta Georgia to get it 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,995
    edited September 2013
    You can get a demo egg at just about if not all eggfest, not just the one in Atlanta.

Slow your roll, that's not a deal

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,272
    edited September 2013
    $1,000 for a (new) used L?  What are you prices there, I paid $1,000 forf a new XL with nest and wings here in Florida.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • That would be a great deal in Canada. In the US not so much. Seems he paid full list. Not much of a saving for giving up the warranty

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Not that great of a deal......Sam's had LBGE's for $899 with the nest, mates, and DFMT.  Those don't last long.  Maybe that where that one came from.

Connect:  Website  -  Facebook  -  Twitter

·
  • I bought that exact same thing for $425.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    I wouldn't pay more than $300 for one without a warranty.
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 6,118
    I would trust your name ;).  $500 max.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,138
    What does he need warranty on the used one for if he already has a large. Only the dome has a stamp on it for registration. You already carry a warranty with your original egg. Use that warranty of something goes awry on the used one.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Sledder, Quadder, Rock and Roller, Big Green Egg Smoker.

·
  • Seems waaaaayyyy high, at least for around here.   I'd think $500 range would be a fair price.

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,077
    For the same money you could drive to Salado, score a demo and get drunk with @Mickey... And a few others.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    henapple said:
    For the same money you could drive to Salado, score a demo and get drunk with @Mickey... And a few others.

And get a lifetime warranty
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • I paid $500 for that same set up, disassembled, still in the box, on craigslist. Keep looking, if I were you.
    If it ain't a CAT, it's a dog!!! 2 LBGE's & BGE Backyard Chef Edition Cart
    ·
  • CP92CP92 Posts: 186
    DizzyFest is right up the road from you in Manassas on 9 Nov.  All sizes are available for demo with the Large, a nest and a sample pack of Dizzy rubs for $875 sans tax (XL for $1175)

Order Form
    http://dizzypigbbq.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/DemoOrderForm.pdf

Event Website
    http://dizzypigbbq.com/portfolio/dizzyfest-5-november-2013/

Chris
    LBGE
    Laurel, MD
    ·
  • $1,000 for a (new) used L?  What are you prices there, I paid $1,000 forf a new XL with nest and wings here in Florida.

Here in SoCal, BBQ'S Galore wants $1600 for a large with nest but no mates. They want $179 for composite shelves for my medium.  Here's an example:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/4016556452.html

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
    ·
  • I just bought a used small with a nest. Had only been used dozen times or so and the guy was a military fellow thats been moving around a lot. Nice guy. I was more than happy to gv him 300 bucks. Ordered a woo and stone and drip pan for it today. Now my large has a little buddy.
    ·
  • td66snrf said:

Here in SoCal, BBQ'S Galore wants $1600 for a large with nest but no mates. They want $179 for composite shelves for my medium.

That is unreal......you could almost get two larges here in Texas for that.  Come to think of it, you could get two larges sans the nest, two plate setters, and have a couple hundred left over for accessories. 

LBGE

Cedar table w/granite top

Ceramic Grillworks two-tier swing rack

Perpetual cooler of ice-cold beer

·