Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Healthier potato's

So discovered avocado and roasted garlic goes really well in mashed potatos:))

Kinda counteracts the unhealthy ribs.Its nice to find a way to get the kids to eat avocado!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 11,765
    Try mashed cauliflower...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,457
    henapple said:
    Try mashed cauliflower...
    Did mashed cauliflower loads of times...good stuff but the kids didnt take to it.

• Whoa - it is the spuds that are unhealthy, not the ribs - say it ain't so. Isn't that what the Atkins is all about, increasing protein and reducing carbs?  Last time I checked spuds are carbs, ribs are protein. 

I think beer is protein, I'm pretty sure about that. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,457
    Yeah potato is carb heavy and we have tried to cut back but we love our spuds!!
    Carbs in the potato,carbs in the beer and saturated fat in the ribs jeez can't win.

• BotchBotch Posts: 2,591
    edited September 2013
    I'd rather enjoy myself for 70 years than eat oat bran for 85.  

Speaking of cauliflower, my new Cook's Illustrated has a recipe for cream of cauliflower soup.  I haven't read the article yet but I did read the sidebar, wherein if you cook cauliflower for ten minutes it really brings out the sulferous, "cabbage-y" flavor, but if you cook it for 30 minutes, those sulfur compounds are driven off and the veg turns nutty and almost sweet.  Their soup recipe appears to use both, will be fun to experiment with.  

I Know Why The Egged Bird Sings.

Ogden, Utard.  
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 5,888
    edited September 2013
    Carbs in the potato,carbs in the beer and saturated fat in the ribs jeez can't win.
    I disagree, sound to me like you are winning. Dinner on the egg, so for breakfast and lunch eat healthy, 2 out of 3 ain't bad....
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 9,203

I disagree, sound to me like you are winning. Dinner on the egg, so for breakfast and lunch eat healthy, 2 out of 3 ain't bad....

Meatloaf is right.