Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Beef, Part II...

Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
07_08_0016_03_01.jpg
<p />Last night started with a total flame out - restarted the BGE at about 1:30am and got the temperature stabilized. From 6:30 until about noon the temperature stayed in the 150 to 170 range – in fact it took until 2:30 to hit the 180 mark. Then in 45 minutes, it hit 201 and was off the grill – wrapped I foil. [p]At 4pm, it shredded perfectly – I used the same 2 forks that I use for Pulled Pork – it (had to have a few snacks) tasted great. After it was shredded, I used about ½ of JJ’s Q Sauce recipe and the beef just kind of soaked it up. Dinner is at 6pm - the sauce (thanks JJ) should add a nice flavor.[p]Dinner should be great. Check out the adventure. The whole story can be found at the link. [p]
[ul][li]Pulled Beef[/ul]

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Gfw, After looking at JohnL,,and then down to yours, my gastric juices are flowing greatly. Another great specimen from a top chef..Congrat's...and you website is looking excellent.
    Cheers, and keep it up..its a challenge to hang with ya now.
    C~W[p]

• JohnL
    JohnL Posts: 27
    Gfw, that looks fantastic. I bookmarked this page, because I've wondered how a pulled beef would turn out. I think you've solved that for us. This is a cook I'll be doing in the not so distant future. Hey, I'll trade ya some brisket for a pulled beef sammich, I might even throw in a nice, all grain, honey wheat beer if ya slap a good gollup of coleslaw on that for me :)[p]John[p]
  • Gfw
    JohnL, sounds great... are you into home brewing too? Damn, now I'll really have to play catch up. Have a great dinner - I'm just about ready for mine.[p]
  • Gfw
    C~W, the challange is to keep up with the masters like you and the people on this forum from whom I have learned so much. Life is GOOD![p]

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Gfw,
    What cut of meat was it you started with? What would you do differently next time?[p]Tim

• Gfw
    Tim M,[p]The meat: I found the meat in my local supermarket - it was labeled as 'English Cut Chuck Roast' - actually it could probably be anything that would make a good pot roast - It was about 3.5 to 4 inches square with about a 1/8 fat cap running across the top from end to end.[p]Differently: About the only thing that I would do differently would be to make sure that the fire doesn't go out - I wouldn't change any of the preparation or cooking times. JJ's Q sauce was perfect since it is a nice thin sauce. At 4pm we put it in the oven at 200 degrees with the lid opened slightly - a purist may have done in the BGE - we ate at 6pm and it was great - really nice flavor - next time I do pulled pork I'm going to add some of the sauce to it just like I did to the beef.