Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egghead

I just picked up my Lg egg. I plan on doing leg quarters in a few then a butt tomorrow. I am way excited.
Clyde Texas
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 15,797
    Welcome to our world. Where are you?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,519

Welcome, I can relate to your excitement. :D

Have at it.

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • Congrats, enjoy the ride !

Key Largo,Florida
    LBGE 07/10/12, High Que grate, Kick Ash Basket, SmokeWear Cap, Adjustable Rig, Woo
    Mini Max 2/3/15

Other Accessories: Stoker, Stoker II, Amaz-n-smoker, Thermapen,

·
  • I live in Clyde Tx.
    Clyde Texas
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,797
    Well then DOUBLE welcome (another TEXAN). Save March 15th for the Salado EggFest in Salado.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 13,205
    Not another damn Texans.. Welcome. Salado. See ya there.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 5,762
    Welcome aboard.  It's a game changer.  Enjoy the journey...and the road to Salado.
    Louisville
    ·
  • Welcome!  
    Southern California
    ·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,308
    Welcome aboard! Enjoy

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,416
    Texan Eggers who don't go to Salado are weenies.

There. I said it.

Just kidding :) Welcome! You're gonna love this. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Here is my Egg I'm @ work so one of the shelves is down sitting on a porch.
    Clyde Texas
    ·
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 1,978
    Welcome. I'm a new owner too. Careful it's addictive. Soon you'll be wanting to cook on it every night!
    Aiken, SC
    ·
  • Chicken looks good

Clyde Texas
    ·
  • Congrats!  You will soon know what I meant when I said "Until you own an egg, you will never understand".  It's what you will be saying to your eggless friends.
    ·
  • Welcome to the addiction!
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,164
    Welcome to the life...
    ·
  • ENJOY!!!!! =D>
    ·
  • welcome to the world of the Big Green Egg 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • HotchHotch Posts: 1,091
    Welcome and great to have another Texan on the trail.

"You’re not a real Texan till you’ve been kicked out of every decent state in America." - Joe Bob Briggs

LBGE, Mini BGE and R&V Fryer

Prosper TX

And your are correct, Texas Red has no Beans

·
  • DMWDMW Posts: 5,409
    Welcome to the cult, err club!
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA
    XL BGE - S BGE - Blackstone Pizza Oven - 30" Steel Fire Pit w/Cooking Grid - Hasty Bake Legacy - KJ Jr - Gasser
    ·
  • Nice man.  Welcome.  I am new too... managed to get an LG egg for $0.  Had a family member who purchased a new TEC grill and hadn't touched their BGE for two years so I swopped in and picked it up.  After cooking on it for one year now, I took my gas grill which was on its last leg and put it on the street.  Could never go back to gas ever!

LRG BGE

Columbia, SC

·
  • Tailwind I feel the same as you but I didnt toss my gasser I use it as a storage container for all my eggsesories  and sometimes I use it to keep egged food warm 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·
  • I hear ya Charles.  That's not a bad idea at all!  I just didn't like the clutter of it on my patio... thing was on its last leg anyway. 

LRG BGE

Columbia, SC

·
  • Seems like a lot of us Texans are joining today. I might keep my gasser for quick sears for when the wife doesn't want to wait an hour for a steak. Or maybe I'll let her turn it into a flower bed.

Large BGE. It's only the beginning...
    ·
  • Cool. I am also new, first post. Spent labor day weekend at buddy's and we cooked a lot on it, I was sold and bought a Kamado grill shortly afterwards! Plus, I'm also in Texas, Pearland (Hou).
    I have a $2k DCS gas grill that I have had for 12+ years and its still a good grill, but excited about smoking and doing thanksgiving turkey on the sucker. Its cool to be excited about cooking. Managing the starting fire gives me a chance to have a beer. :~)
    Vision Classic 9/2013 - Newbie   Pearland TX (Got Humidity?)
    ·
  • tailwind mine is a built in so I have to keep it LOL
    Long Island N.Y.
    ·