Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Oh Me Oh My Oh" It's Jambalaya Time Again

Apologies to the Dutch Oven thread from a couple of days ago where I shot my fingers off saying I was Jambalayin' in the Dutch this weekend.  Well that was that plan but the Gaber bought way too much meat and it ended up being two Crueset trays full.  Hot and regular pork sausages, chicken, and shrimp ready to go right here.  A wee out of focus but so was I.

Egg set direct at 350 - Finished shot of everything - chicken pulled at 150 degrees.  Sausages pulled after 2 minutes rolling around.  Shrimp pulled after about a minute total.  

All chopped up in bigger than bite size pieces along with long grain brown rice - and more out of focus as the day progressed.  Damn you Elijah Craig.

All mixed together ready to bake in the Egg at 350 for 35 minutes with shrimp on standby to be tossed on top for the last 5. 

Good to go in the Egg - raised grid using fire bricks

A bit too much of the inspiration today as I forgot to switch to indirect with platesetter so bottom tray was overcooking.  Pulled everything, platesetter in, transferred nearly burnt bottom tray to glass tray - back in Egg for the 1/2 hour - shrimp tossed on top - "Oh Me Oh My Oh, Had Big Fun..."  Setting for a spell trying to find a cool one - then tucking in!  Luke the Drifter playing in the background all day.... Thanks Y'all!

imageimage

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

Comments