Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

"Oh Me Oh My Oh" It's Jambalaya Time Again

Apologies to the Dutch Oven thread from a couple of days ago where I shot my fingers off saying I was Jambalayin' in the Dutch this weekend.  Well that was that plan but the Gaber bought way too much meat and it ended up being two Crueset trays full.  Hot and regular pork sausages, chicken, and shrimp ready to go right here.  A wee out of focus but so was I.

Egg set direct at 350 - Finished shot of everything - chicken pulled at 150 degrees.  Sausages pulled after 2 minutes rolling around.  Shrimp pulled after about a minute total.  

All chopped up in bigger than bite size pieces along with long grain brown rice - and more out of focus as the day progressed.  Damn you Elijah Craig.

All mixed together ready to bake in the Egg at 350 for 35 minutes with shrimp on standby to be tossed on top for the last 5. 

Good to go in the Egg - raised grid using fire bricks

A bit too much of the inspiration today as I forgot to switch to indirect with platesetter so bottom tray was overcooking.  Pulled everything, platesetter in, transferred nearly burnt bottom tray to glass tray - back in Egg for the 1/2 hour - shrimp tossed on top - "Oh Me Oh My Oh, Had Big Fun..."  Setting for a spell trying to find a cool one - then tucking in!  Luke the Drifter playing in the background all day.... Thanks Y'all!

imageimage

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

PREP.jpg 635.7K
COOKED.jpg 669.8K
REDUCED.jpg 713.9K
MIXED.jpg 849.8K
EGGED.jpg 839.3K
FINISH2.jpg 990.2K
·

Comments

• Oh my that looks awesome!! =D>
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·
  • One of the items on my to to list
    ·
  • Ok so it seems we overdid it this time. Both trays mixed together ready to be bagged for the freezer. Oh Lordy!

·
  • Looks great! I will be trying this soon!
    LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    Awesome! Looks great. Spicy things like jambalaya taste a lot better after the all the spices and flavors get friendly, so I bet the leftovers are gonna be even tastier. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,524
    Dude! how many are you feeding? That's a mountain of food. Do you need help demolishing that pile? Seriously!

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 6,936
    Wow!!! That's an awesome looking cook no matter how split it up.
    ·
  • @Aviator we climbed to the top tonight and started chewing downwards. Managed two servings each, then started bagging. @Hapster thanks man. Here's the remainder two servings per bag heading for the icebox.

·
  • pineypiney Posts: 601
    Great looking food!! I love cajun!
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Wow!! Looks incredible. Wish I had a big ole bowl of that. And some cajun recipes in my repitoire.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·