Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood Charcoal now available in KY!

I'm a new egghead, just got my L BGE this year and I'm cooking all the time.  I've used different lump charcoal in addition to BGE Lump Charcoal, and the best I've found so far is Rockwood Charcoal.  I've found it to have high heat content, long burn times and little ash.  There is little smoke when cooking.  The results have been superb. 

What I've cooked with it in the last week:  Chicken breasts, chicken strips, pork tenderloin medallions, focaccia bread, pizzas (5), hamburgers and ribs. 

Good size lumps throughout and none of those small little marbles that stop up the holes in the fire bowl.  I will be buying another bag.

I found it at Bluegrass Grills in Versailles, KY.

Comments

• GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Wonder when it might make it up to mid-Michigan.Not sure if there are enough eggers to get a group buy.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @kaizen8r-thanks for the post.  I have been hoping that the Versailles connection would come thru since trading emails with the company a few months ago.  Hopefully this business deal works to the eggstent that Rockwood becomes mainstream and more lump suppliers pick it up. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap said:
    @kaizen8r-thanks for the post.  I have been hoping that the Versailles connection would come thru since trading emails with the company a few months ago.  Hopefully this business deal works to the eggstent that Rockwood becomes mainstream and more lump suppliers pick it up. 

So far so good!