Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

about paint

hello! i take off the band on my big green egg to regulate it, and saw scratches on enamel on the top of the egg under the place where the bolts , should i paint it or it is regular and not a problem for the egg, ,may be there some repair sets of enamel? 
·

Comments

• The Egg is ceramic, so I don't imagine the paint matters much beyond cosmetics.
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • My egg had a chip out of it brand new. My dealer said he would get me some touch up paint but three weeks later… no paint.
    I am sure the egg is fine but I want it to look good too!
    Nowhere Indiana
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,852
    My egg had a chip out of it brand new. My dealer said he would get me some touch up paint but three weeks later… no paint. I am sure the egg is fine but I want it to look good too!
    Just take your rain cap with you to an art craft store and match up the color with an inexpensive little bottle of acrylic paint.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,852
    cirkdenis said:
    hello! i take off the band on my big green egg to regulate it....

Why would you remove the band to regulate it?
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • I am assuming he was meaning he was adjusting the bands.
    Southern Indiana
    ·
  • RRP said:

My egg had a chip out of it brand new. My dealer said he would get me some touch up paint but three weeks later… no paint.

Just take your rain cap with you to an art craft store and match up the color with an inexpensive little bottle of acrylic paint.
    Thanks! I'll do that this weekend.
    Nowhere Indiana
    ·
  • oh thanks, have anyone scratch of ceramic?
    ·
  • ay)
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588

My egg hayd a chip out of it brand new. My dealer said he would get me some touch up paint but three weeks later… no paint.

Out of the box I'd make the dealer change it out.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Hunter Green Behr paint from HD is a great match for small touch ups.
    Chester County, PA
    ·
  • henapple said:
    My egg hayd a chip out of it brand new. My dealer said he would get me some touch up paint but three weeks later… no paint. I am sure the egg is fine but I want it to look good too!
    Out of the box I'd make the dealer change it out.
    i made it by my self, some scratches on the enamel
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    Oh..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·