Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time on this 2 step method

New York Prime from CostCo. First time to do two step method with CI. Finished off up top with garlic butter. Will do this again Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,030
    Did you do something similar to Trex or sear then immediately roast? Looks fantastic.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    Trex but much better sear with CI. 30 sec per side, that puppy was hot.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • That looks absolutely amazing!

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,254
    dang mickey looking good!
    ·
  • Any leftover? ;-)
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Looks good, Mickey.  Certainly worth a try !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Looks amazing
    Albion, PA
    ·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Outstanding

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • AquacopAquacop Posts: 467
    Great looking cook Mickey, what did you use to sear them on?
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia
    ·
  • pineypiney Posts: 514
    Mickey, that looks great!! What did you do , sear on CI first, then cook to 120 or so internal? I will put this on must try list! Thanks  
    Lenoir, N.C.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,076
    Wow.. What magazine is that from?

:))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    Aquacop said:
    Great looking cook Mickey, what did you use to sear them on?

9" Lodge from my Mini that fits the Mini Woo.

·
    Mickey, that looks great!! What did you do , sear on CI first, then cook to 120 or so internal? I will put this on must try list! Thanks  
    Yes but I should have pulled at 120/125. Waited to 130 and that was a little long.

·
  • Nice crust!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • yzziyzzi Posts: 1,793
    That's my kind of sear!
    Dunedin, FL
    ·
    So I'm assuming when I come to Salado early and bust my ass... This will be my dinner?

=))
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,752
    Yum yum!
    henapple said:

So I'm assuming when I come to Salado early and bust my ass... This will be my dinner?

=))

That's what the Sheriff will promise you before driving you to DQ :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Beautiful steaks, Don Toyota. I can taste them from here.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    @Mickey those steaks are out of the park on any field you play on. IMHO we need a I love it button beside the I like. I use CI skillet for mine too. I like the flat and even sear. The garlic butter finish. Wow just Wow!!!.

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·

@six_egg thanks. First time this way and also first time with butter/garlic. Will always do from now on. Will be sure to pull at 120 then rest and do the sear for 45/60 seconds per side.

·
    My CI removal tools. Best reason for having second Large Egg: place to lay that hot puppy. image

·
    I thought those were nipple clamps...
    ·
    henapple said:
    I thought those were nipple clamps...

We will talk later :-$

·