Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

10.5 Butt how long to smoke at 275?

Options
Ok folks the title says it all what do you guys think?

Toronto,  Ontario,  Large, Large, Mini Max

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    I'm in the cook to temp camp. Cook until the butt reaches 195-200° and pull. Could take 10 hours, could take 8, could take 15. Every hunk of meat has a mind of its own.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Temp and tenderness. I us usually guess around 1.5-2 he's per pound. Start checking at 195* IT. Probes should slide in like butta. Probe several places. Can need until 205* IT.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Que_n_Brew
    Options
    The question is...will you pan and foil at the stall or not? I'm cooking a 9 lber tomorrow. I'll have it on @ 8:00, pan it @ 160 IT around 1:00...be ready to FTC it around 4:00 for dinner at 6:30. If you choose to not pan it, it'll take much longer. I'll let someone in that camp give you advice. Either way, good luck, have fun, enjoy!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Que_n_Brew
    Options
    I also cook @ 275 til IT of 195-205
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • Pjoe
    Pjoe Posts: 224
    Options
    I take mine to 200* internal, remove and double foil. Into a cooler with towels for at least an hour - 2 is better. Hasn't failed me yet.
    LBGE AR SMALL BGE WOO RING
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    if you stay at 275* or slightly above, should be about an hour per pound.  This is no foil.  The challenge is that if it runs an extra 5 -8 minutes per pound, you need an extra hour to as much as two hours, so plan ahead.  I've run it up to 310* without foil to push it over when I've been behind, but I like to stay below 290* normally.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.