Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Steak

Options
Took the wife out for "date night"  to the only place in town that can make a better steak than I can.   My gawd when I stuck the fork in to cut the steak it just sank in.  I would love to fine out how they do it.  Ivans of salisbury.  It's expensive but worth every penny!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Comments

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    find that is

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    You didn't mention taste so I assume it wasn't due to being dry aged so there are two possible reasons...they use prime or they either tenderize their steaks themselves or buy them that way. With my JAACARD I can make choice steaks as tender as prime and if I didn't tell you you wouldn't know the difference!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    I do know they age their steaks, whatever that means..but they are tender and wonderful taste.  They WILL NOT cook a steak more than medium.

• Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Options
    Who would eat a steak more than medium?
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    edited September 2013
    Options
    bucky925 said:
    I do know they age their steaks, whatever that means..but they are tender and wonderful taste.  They WILL NOT cook a steak more than medium.

Well then that is probably the answer though typically somewhere on the menu in fine print at least they will have advised you that their meat is dry aged and that is why they will not cook beyond medium at most! Dry aging enhances the beefiness and tenderizes the meat by typically getting rid of tasteless water in the meat cells by aging it. I personally dry age large sub-primals of beef weighting anywhere from 10 to 18 pounds for 35, 45 and even 60 days. You will be surprised how much better your aged steaks taste at home and saving a bunch of money doing them yourself. BTW I use UMAi Dry Bags myself.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.