Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Heavy P BBQ Reserve Champion

Heavy P BBQ had a great weekend at Riverfest last weekend. Ken Hess (Hoss' BBQ) and crew do a great job organizing that contest. With 49 teams competing, we finished 3rd in chicken, 5th in ribs and RGC overall. Their trophy is probably one of the best out there. It is a Pecan log that is turned into a trophy. We also won a set of Hammer and Stahl knives. You are welcome to check us out on FB at Heavy P BBQ.

Comments

• Nice job guys, congrats!
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,913
    Congrats-gotta enjoy a victory! Well-done.  On the down side I don't do "faceplant aka book" so no checking out.  Enjoy the win.  Any tricks you care/can share? 
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
  • No offense Gino but you look a little chunky in that outfit.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Congrats!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• bud812bud812 Posts: 1,462
    WTG... =D>

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Mean Gene the cooking machine.  Nice job Brother.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Congrats everyone
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • Congrats! That is a cool trophy!

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• RACRAC Posts: 1,527
    Congrats!

Ricky

Spring, TX

• I was there.  I was with my friends that own 306BBQ out of Athens.  That contest is always a great time.  The bands are better and better each year.  

Man South Pork cleaned up in their division.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,142
    Congrats, Gene and members! That is a unique trophy and that knife set is cool too.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,687
    Nice job...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Greenhawk, I would have enjoyed chatting. Maybe next time

• No offense Gino but you look a little chunky in that outfit.
    I wore red because I heard red was slimming  :-)
  • Great job - like that trophy - very unique. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • lousubcap said:
    Congrats-gotta enjoy a victory! Well-done.  On the down side I don't do "faceplant aka book" so no checking out.  Enjoy the win.  Any tricks you care/can share? 

I would be happy to chat about comps offline if you are serious about trying them. Otherwise, the distinct difference is appearance and timing.