Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Heavy P BBQ Reserve Champion

Heavy P BBQ had a great weekend at Riverfest last weekend. Ken Hess (Hoss' BBQ) and crew do a great job organizing that contest. With 49 teams competing, we finished 3rd in chicken, 5th in ribs and RGC overall. Their trophy is probably one of the best out there. It is a Pecan log that is turned into a trophy. We also won a set of Hammer and Stahl knives. You are welcome to check us out on FB at Heavy P BBQ.
·

Comments

• Nice job guys, congrats!
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,230
    Congrats-gotta enjoy a victory! Well-done.  On the down side I don't do "faceplant aka book" so no checking out.  Enjoy the win.  Any tricks you care/can share? 
    Louisville
    ·
  • No offense Gino but you look a little chunky in that outfit.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Congrats!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

·
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,404
    WTG... =D>

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

·
  • Mean Gene the cooking machine.  Nice job Brother.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • Congrats everyone
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Congrats! That is a cool trophy!

"A word to the wise ain't necessary-it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·
  • RACRAC Posts: 1,357
    Congrats!

Ricky

Spring, TX

·
  • I was there.  I was with my friends that own 306BBQ out of Athens.  That contest is always a great time.  The bands are better and better each year.  

Man South Pork cleaned up in their division.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,308
    Congrats, Gene and members! That is a unique trophy and that knife set is cool too.
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,246
    Nice job...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • Greenhawk, I would have enjoyed chatting. Maybe next time

·
  • No offense Gino but you look a little chunky in that outfit.
    I wore red because I heard red was slimming  :-)
    ·
  • Great job - like that trophy - very unique. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • lousubcap said:
    Congrats-gotta enjoy a victory! Well-done.  On the down side I don't do "faceplant aka book" so no checking out.  Enjoy the win.  Any tricks you care/can share? 

I would be happy to chat about comps offline if you are serious about trying them. Otherwise, the distinct difference is appearance and timing.
    ·