Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Not Egging For A Few Days

Options
2»

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Thanks! I would say we plan on taking them on a big trip every few years or so. We are definitely beach ppl, so mixing in a full Orlando trip or at least a day trip over to one of the parks is probably what we'd do.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Then you are good to go. In that case if you can swing it check out Disney Vero. The Grands really enjoyed it.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    Thank you!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options

Can't wait to take my kids to Orlando. They are only 2... What age do you all recommend for the first trip?

I was in the same boat as you.. my wife and I decided my daughter had to be able to pick out a Disney character - she now knows Minnie and daisy, etc. we're going in November.

we didn't have this dilemma with my son because I wasn't working when he was 2. lol
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    One question:  What costs more, a college education or a trip to Disneyworld for a family of 4?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Disney. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    That's awesome Hap! Disney is incredible! I cannot get enough of that place. 3 more weeks and we are going back again also. Have a great time!
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

One from this mornings fun. Soaring, test track, and mission space were so cool!!!

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    hapster said:

Thanks everyone!

One from this mornings fun. Soaring, test track, and mission space were so cool!!!

Looks awesome Hap! I didn't feel like puking so I chickened out on Mission Space lol
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    IMHO Disney is worth every penny. My kids enjoyed it at all ages.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I was there many years ago.  It was summer, and the place was packed.  Kids were running around helter skelter.  A man in front of me in the line was visibly irritated and said "they should not let people in here under 18".  I had to control my laughter.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Okay-not to rain on the Main Street parade but I have experienced Disney overload.  And at that point, "Happiness is Disney World in the rear view mirror." Background-kids (two boys) 9 & 13, had done the Disneyland gig a few times before relocation.  And SWMBO had a six day adventure organized.  As one would say, "Yes, Dear"-but even Epcot (aka beer) wasn't enough for salvation.  To each his/her own.  YMMV-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • erniemcclain
    Options
    Epcot "ball" has a very special memory in our family.  SWMBO has an anxiety struggle.  After waiting in line and finally getting in the car for the ride (I was in front car with 9 yr old daughter and wife was in car behind with the 6 yr old daughter)  Suddenly, as the cars were starting to move and slightly go up, wife realized that whatever goes up, must come down.  The fight or flight complex showed up and she bailed out ot the car leaving the 6 yr old with a puzzled look on her face and asking me "where did mom go?".  I still have no idea how she got out or what she stood and/or walked on but she was standing outside the ride when we got done. 

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

The wife and I took are 2 grandkids for a week at Disney World in August in 2011. All I heard about the weather every morning was "Record Heat and Humidity". I must say that was the most fun I ever had. I was just like a big kid.

Then we went back again in December 2011 for the Christmas season.

And now we are going back in December this year.

Hap these are moments and memories with your family that all well remember for a lifetime.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Currently making our way to see Micky. Here is one from earlier