Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you doing today?

I am going to watch college football, have a few beers and cook a mean bone in ribeye on the egg. My SWMBO is fine with that - I get a pass during football season from time to time.  I am living the dream today!
Milton, GA.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Getting a mop chop, picking up 300 lbs of charcoal at Cozy Fest, going to a rehearsal dinner for my sister in law.
  • Relaxing and not doing much. A trip to the butcher is in order
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    Introducing my wife to the world of college football and the associated tailgating while visiting my daughter in College Station for the first time since she left home 4 weeks ago.

Unfortunately, we're forced to use a gas grill, but we'll make it work.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I'm taking my children to their first Oakland A's game, my son has been to A's in SF, but neither have been to a home game in Oakland yet. just happens they are having an Oktoberfest, here's to #2!
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Unloading charcoal this morning.  Watch some football, cook a sirloin flat this evening, watch more football.

Cookin in Texas
  • We are having an Equinox party tonight. About 25 people coming over for drinks of all kinds and appetizers/desserts. Basically a huge bacchanal. Gonna take the girls to my folks place, then pick up some growlers from the local breweries. We already have lots of wine. Then it's over to my new butcher for some smoked sausage and bacon for ABTs as part of tonight's festivities.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Liming the lawn,egging some bacon wrapped pork tenderloin medallions then heading to work from 4-12:(
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Pork Butt for MIL's friend who recently had a lung transplant. 2 Spareribs for us with plenty of sides.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Recovering from a tripe to Vegas and the Crüe. Gots me tri tip for dinner tonight with my new stash of DP.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,166

@BYS1981- Gotta love the A's and this season.  Could clinch tonight with some help.  A lot less stress than last year's run to the West title.  Should be a fun time.  Did get to Cincy in early Aug to watch them get worked over by the Reds-glad that stretch is history.

So as not to totally hi-jack the thread, today it's ABT's and some chix while checking out baseball and the local college football game.  Tomorrow, ribs and then smoking some peppers for the winter stash of chipotles and more baseball.  It's not time for the No Fun League while baseball is to be played.  FWIW-

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Assisting a friend while he cleans the running gear on my boat. I be top side with south of the boarder beer
    Chesapeake, VA
  • Well, it's only 9:30 am and I have completed my final long training run.  10 miles in 1:45.18.  I have a half marathon next weekend.  Might drive up to Rapid City, SD and see Mount Rushmore.  Might just stay around town.  Can't wait to see Sparty spank those catholic boys from South Bend up and down the field tonight.  The Wolverines will take care of UConn as well.  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)

• I have some sourdough cheese bread rising in the fridge and I will be cooking some pork chops for dinner.

Gerhard
  • I'm going to my Mom's today.  She's taking us out for supper so no egging today.  As a consolation prize, I get to go shopping at Penzey's for the first time.  I'm stoked!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Been a long time since I've been egging unfortunately..so I threw a butt on last night! Some cold ones, music and smoke are in order to rebalance
    ------------
    Beers & BBQ

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Working!
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • luist
    luist Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    Baked a lovely pesto loaf on the xl for dinner tonight. Had the premiership football on all day. Currently watching the Chelsea game.
  • Can you buy eggs in England? We have been to the U.K. 3 times and non our friends had a clue about bbq.

Gerhard
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Grand opening of our first New Orleans Costco, we joined so we're going there to check it out.  SWMBO birfday, she wants to go to Morton's for dinner.   I guess I'll have to record the LSU/Auburn game.  If I have any free time today I'll finish rigging up an engine stand for a hardtail bobber build I'm working on.
    ...and I just got a big delivery of steel, so I'm going to make a couple of lifetime fire pits and a high flow fire grate for the MBGE.
    Tri-tip for dinner. Will be my 2nd. Was really happy w. the 1st.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Brisket's been on for 12.5 hours. Just poured a bourbon and coke. Football all day. Bout to light up the mini for some Swamp Balls (sausage cheese balls with Swamp Venom)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin

Rowlett, Texas

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    This morning: listened to Seal's first album on DVD-A (5.1 Surround Sound) which I didn't know existed.   :-bd

Chicken Polliards on the Egg for lunch, then spend the afternoon at the Harvest Moon Festival on Ogden's 25th Street.  Don't know what I'm gonna do this evening... 

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Mancave, football, working on some pizza dough, enjoying this 67 degree weather. @nolaegghead... Lsu/auburn game? Probablynot much of a game
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Well, it's only 9:30 am and I have completed my final long training run.  10 miles in 1:45.18.  I have a half marathon next weekend.  Might drive up to Rapid City, SD and see Mount Rushmore.  Might just stay around town.  Can't wait to see Sparty spank those catholic boys from South Bend up and down the field tonight.  The Wolverines will take care of UConn as well.  It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
    Just put the ND MSU game on.  I do not have a dog in the fight but it should be a good one. Good rivalry.
    Milton, GA.
  • Grand opening of our first New Orleans Costco, we joined so we're going there to check it out.  SWMBO birfday, she wants to go to Morton's for dinner.   I guess I'll have to record the LSU/Auburn game.  If I have any free time today I'll finish rigging up an engine stand for a hardtail bobber build I'm working on.
    Nola, You will like Costco - They have really good meat.
    Milton, GA.
  • Griffin

Rowlett, Texas

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Watching football, floating in the hot tub with a mojto and having Nibblemethis faux Cochon de Lait for dinner. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Just finished eating. Had a small chunk of deer tenderloin, and a bacon cheeseburger. Both done up with peach wood on the SBGE. Also done some Conecuh sausage for later. About to head to work in a little while. Watching football and chillin.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .