Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best Brisket Knife - Money no object

What do you guys think is the best brisket slicer money can buy price not being a concern...
·

Comments

• Love my Dexter/Russel Japanese knives. That what I use during competition.
    ·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,204
    My $50 (its now $45 at Amazon) Cuisinart electric knife:

My sharp Henckel's cut brisket fine, except for the bark at the bottom, and then your guests struggle to lift a couple slices off the plate.  The electric knife eliminates that problem (and doesn't tear up the meat, no matter how tender) but it can be a bit rough on your cutting board if you're not careful.  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,360
    edited September 2013

Here's my weapon of choice-

Link

.image

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • hondabbqhondabbq Posts: 1,219
    It doesn't matter what knife you have. If it isn't sharp, it isn't going to give you clean cuts. A $300 knife is going to do a **** job if it isn't sharp. I tell my apprentices to learn how to stone a knife properly before buyin an expensive one. It's funny to watch a kid who spends huge dollars on a knife then 2 weeks later its like a spoon.

Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Motley Brew.

·
  • As a man of limited funds I find that a cheap electric knife is fine. I also keep a sharp butcher knife as a backup. With the hundreds of dollars you will save go buy lots of beer to enjoy your brisket with.
    San Angelo, texas
    ·
  • I use a cheep Black and Decker electric knife and it works fine even when brisket is cold...

1 Large Big Green Egg
     1 Weber Kettle
     1 Weber Weber Smokey Mountain 18"
     1 Long Horn Off Set
     1 Bradley Smoker
     1 Weber Silver Gasser
     1 Weber Smokey Joe Small
     1 Orange Thermapen
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,585

Here's my weapon of choice-

Link

.image

I agree! This knife is a wonderful, sharp tool!

Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,519
    How 'bout a 300mm sujihiki? maybe one like this. If you don't like it, I'll pay the shipping and handling to get it out of your sight, and into my scrap pile.
    :-j
    ·
  • onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 644
    edited September 2013
    Years ago, my wife was at BedBathandBeyond looking at an electric knife.  She found some H&B elec knives for $19.99.  Except there were 2 that were marked at $1.99. She took them to the register and they had to give them to her for the price as marked. That was 9-10yrs ago.  I still use that knife to cut ham, prime rib and yes, brisket!!!  Works great.  Kept one, the other one went to our daughter as a Christmas present that year.  :)

·
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,456
    I bought one of these Wusthof's about a year ago at the KC BBQ Store.  I can imagine some equal, but hard to imagine something better.

Mike

http://www.cutleryandmore.com/wusthof-gourmet/hollow-edge-brisket-knife-p126381?gclid=CMGyl5uq37kCFWpk7AodR0MACg

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
    ·