Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Mini withdrawal...

I felt ashamed about neglecting my mini for some time, so a cook was in order to make it up to him.

Inspired by Griffin's recent pork tenderloin, I brined some chix breasts I found in the freezer. I added some Old Bay seasoning to the brine. After a 2 hour swim, I rinsed the chix, dried, and seasoned with more Old Bay.

Got the mini up to about 400°F and added the chix. Grid is raised a couple of inches with a wok ring - cheapo mini woo mod :). Used some mesquite chips for a little smoke flavor.

Plated shot. SWMBO  made some haricot verts and cous cous as sides. A lighter, healthy, and tasty meal. Chix was just a tad overdone on the thinner side of the breast but perfect on the thicker side. I got distracted at the last minute, and mine went up to 175°F IT. SWMBO's was better because I had pulled hers at 150°.

Not fancy, but it scratched the itch. And the mini is feeling loved again!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments