Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ in Orlando, FL

Options
Drivr
Drivr Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am headed out to Disney World tomorrow for a family vacation. Are there any decent BBQ places in Orlando? A full week without egg food had to be bad for my heath.

Comments

• RocketMan
    Options
    Drivr,
    don't know about good BBQ there now (used to be a place called Reds, but don't know if it's still there...) - but be sure to check out the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot that's going on now![p]- Andy

• Joshua Kane
    Options
    Drivr,[p]
    Not to far from Disney is a Place called Bubalue's They have good BBQ. There is one on Lee Road, and one on 436 in Altamonte. If you are really craving come Egg'ed food, I am about 30 miles from Disney, we can fire something up![p]-- Joshua

• SeanB
    SeanB Posts: 20
    Options
    Drivr,[p]Disney actually has pretty good Q on property in the Animal Kingdom, I don't remember the name but once you get all the way into the park (over the bridge) bear to the right and you should smell the smoke. I would not waste my time looking for a Bubbalou's, personally I don't think it is worth the drive from Disney, but if you make the trip over to Universal, there is a Bubbalou's about a mile up the road. Believe it or not I think Smokey Bones has better Q than Bubbalou's and there is one at 535 and 192 in Kissimmee. [p]If you are feeling adventurous, I have heard great things about Blackwater BBQ on S. Orange Ave., but I have not had the chance to try it myself.[p]http://www.bubbalous.com/
    http://www.smokeybones.com/

• RocketMan
    Options
    Joshua Kane,[p]you're right about that place - I forgot about it - I've eaten at the one in Altamonte Springs & it's pretty good, but it's actually a fairly long drive from the Disney area - the Lee Road one should be closer, but neither is right next door to the Kindom...[p]- Andy
    [ul][li]http://www.bubbalous.com/[/ul]
  • Btown Egger
    Options
    Drivr,
    My family ate at this restaurant located in the Polynesian Resort. While not excactly BBQ, the food there is cooked over an open wood fire and was very good in my opinion.[p]After eating there I thought: "Man I really want to be able to cook food like this at home". Which got me to thinking about the Egg again that I decided to purchase in May '05 and have been loving the food coming off of it all summer long.

[ul][li]http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_oh.htm[/ul]
  • Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Options
    Drivr,Check out Moonfish or Fish Bones on Sand Lake Road. They both use wood and have steaks to die for.

• cbs
    cbs Posts: 99
    Options
    Having returned from WDW not too long ago, I'll vouch for both of the places mentioned. In Animal Kingdom, the barbecue restaurant has barbecue in its name. Pretty good sandwiches all things considered. O'hana at the Polynesian is not really barbecue, but it's damn good food and a great time for the kids.
  • RocketMan
    Options
    SeanB, etal,[p]the BBQ place @ Animal Kingdom won't make you forget about your Egg, but it's more than acceptable... (and if you go to Animal Kingdom, be sure to vist the Asian Aviary... )[p]IMHO, Disney food generally ranges from average to excellent - you won't get anything bad to eat at the parks or resorts, and you may get something really great (but you'll pay for it!). The "sit-down" restaurants are uniformly better than the more "fast-food" type venues.[p]Not que - but one of the better places, and perhaps the best deal, on Disney property is Boma - the buffet restaurant at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.... a friend swears by Flying Fish on the Boardwalk (but I haven't eaten there)... I'm also partial to Wolfgang Pucks at Downtown Disney (if you like sushi, they have some of the best & freshest around - you usually have to ask for the sushi menu tho...)...[p]- Andy
  • SeanB
    SeanB Posts: 20
    Options
    Boma is excellent!!