Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

30252 Area Rockwood Group Buy

Myself and three other guys want to try a couple bags of RW. Anyone else want to go in on a pallet? The pickup spot will be the Ace Hardware on HWY 81 in McDonough, GA. I will coordinate, just need the other 22 or so bags reserved...

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

Comments

• Just wait another 10 days, then go inside and buy them.  :)

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    I went from being bummed to pumped. You're the man.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Forshadowing :)
    Southern Indiana
  • Oops.....sorry man, I thought that store was on the list.  It's not.  We shipped 6 pallets to McDonough for a group buy a few months back, so that's why it looked familiar.

The good news is that there are two stores that are not too far away, so you should be ok.  There's still time to call that manager at McDonough and try to get him/her to get on board.  The truck leaves for Gainesville on Monday.

The full list will post to our website late next week when the pallets arrive at the individual stores......24 stores total in ATL.

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Buzzkill. I work next door to the Ace, so I know the manager really well. I will do my best to get him on board, but he's in Chicago for the weekend to watch the Braves. Monday is out of the question.

I must not have been on the forum when the McDonough group buy went down. Oh well, wait on.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• I would try some if we can get a decent price but am in North Fulton.  OO is out so @hennaple said to try some rockwood.
    Milton, GA.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited September 2013
    flynnbob said:
    I would try some if we can get a decent price but am in North Fulton.  OO is out so @hennaple said to try some rockwood.

North Fulton County in GA?  So north side of ATL?  Gotcha covered.  Just wait about 2 weeks.  Marietta, Norcross, Decatur, Buford, Midtown, and more.
  • flynnbob said:
    I would try some if we can get a decent price but am in North Fulton.  OO is out so @hennaple said to try some rockwood.

North Fulton County in GA?  So north side of ATL?  Gotcha covered.  Just wait about 2 weeks.  Marietta, Norcross, Decatur, Buford, Midtown, and more.
    Let me know when and where and I will try some. Thanks.
    Milton, GA.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Any idea what Ace will be charging for a bag?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Any idea what Ace will be charging for a bag?

No idea, it will be up to the individual stores.

This is a test run......24 stores with 1-2 pallets each.  So, if you like it, make sure you communicate that to management.

The truck leaves Monday, so it will be the week of 9/30 by the time it gets distributed to all the stores.  They will be posted on the "where to buy" page of our website.