Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Re: Moldy Egg

Hey folks!

First of all, I am loving this forum... been spending a lot of time on here researching different recipes and such.  

I have a slight problem and I was wondering if anyone else had encountered it before?

I recently moved into a new house that has an open back deck (my old house's deck was covered). Expecting that my eggs were going to be exposed to the elements, I purchased the Egg Covers from my local retailer. I have both the Large and Small versions of the BGE. Generally,  I use the large more and the small ends up sitting unused. In any case, I went to use the small last week and it was covered with mold inside! 

I was able to get rid of it by lighting up the egg and burning it around 900-1000 degrees with the assistance of a hair dryer. Is there any way to prevent this from happening again short of covering my back deck?  :)

Thanks in advance!!!

-Josh

SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013 •  Yoder YS640 July

Comments