First of all, I am loving this forum... been spending a lot of time on here researching different recipes and such.
I have a slight problem and I was wondering if anyone else had encountered it before?
I recently moved into a new house that has an open back deck (my old house's deck was covered). Expecting that my eggs were going to be exposed to the elements, I purchased the Egg Covers from my local retailer. I have both the Large and Small versions of the BGE. Generally, I use the large more and the small ends up sitting unused. In any case, I went to use the small last week and it was covered with mold inside!
I was able to get rid of it by lighting up the egg and burning it around 900-1000 degrees with the assistance of a hair dryer. Is there any way to prevent this from happening again short of covering my back deck? :)
Thanks in advance!!!
LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 • (Adopted) Mini October 2013 • XLBGE December 2013
Location: Jasper, Georgia