Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Re: Moldy Egg

Hey folks!

First of all, I am loving this forum... been spending a lot of time on here researching different recipes and such.  

I have a slight problem and I was wondering if anyone else had encountered it before?

I recently moved into a new house that has an open back deck (my old house's deck was covered). Expecting that my eggs were going to be exposed to the elements, I purchased the Egg Covers from my local retailer. I have both the Large and Small versions of the BGE. Generally,  I use the large more and the small ends up sitting unused. In any case, I went to use the small last week and it was covered with mold inside! 

I was able to get rid of it by lighting up the egg and burning it around 900-1000 degrees with the assistance of a hair dryer. Is there any way to prevent this from happening again short of covering my back deck?  :)

Thanks in advance!!!

-Josh

LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  XLBGE December 2013

Comments