Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Re: Moldy Egg

Hey folks!

First of all, I am loving this forum... been spending a lot of time on here researching different recipes and such.  

I have a slight problem and I was wondering if anyone else had encountered it before?

I recently moved into a new house that has an open back deck (my old house's deck was covered). Expecting that my eggs were going to be exposed to the elements, I purchased the Egg Covers from my local retailer. I have both the Large and Small versions of the BGE. Generally,  I use the large more and the small ends up sitting unused. In any case, I went to use the small last week and it was covered with mold inside! 

I was able to get rid of it by lighting up the egg and burning it around 900-1000 degrees with the assistance of a hair dryer. Is there any way to prevent this from happening again short of covering my back deck?  :)

Thanks in advance!!!

-Josh

LBGE April 2011 • SBGE December 2012 •  (Adopted) Mini October 2013 • XLBGE December 2013

Comments