Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Surviving Whole Foods

Options
Pretty funny article about the Whole Foods experience that went viral yesterday, figured some people would get a kick out of it here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-maclean/surviving-whole-foods_b_3895583.html

Fair warning: some of the humor is a little off-color, so if that's not your bag, don't click.
Pentwater, MI

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    LOL  - reminds me of this:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
  • bicktrav
    Options
    I shopped at Whole Foods for a while.  They have some pretty amazing produce.  They all look too perfect: synthetically plump apples, squash, sweet potatoes, which are all (somehow) organic. It's like the Disneyland of fruits and vegetables.  But honestly, the prices are pretty much unconscionable.  My wife and I moved, and now there's a Trader Joe's right near us.  That place is incredible.  We literally save hundreds each month on our marketing.  I remember going there for the first time, looking at a giant bag filled with organic sweet potatoes for $3.99, and thinking, "I used to pay $2 per sweet potato at Whole Foods!  What on earth have I been doing!?!"  At this point, I straight up despise Whole Foods. 
    Southern California
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Cool. In the Austin store all the time.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    +1 on Trader Joe's!  SWMBO loves that place.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • MO_Eggin
    Options
    SWMBO and I lovingly refer to Whole Foods as The (Whole) Paycheck.  It's amazing (in a not so good way) to drop $100 and walk out with a single, half full bag.
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Namaste!
    Yep, Sanskrit for GFY!!
    :))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I can't stand Whole Foods, although I wasn't huge on the piece, I liked the 'Stuff White People Like' take better. I think Fresh Market is a much better option in that vein. Trader Joe's is absolutely fantastic for some stuff, but I haven't had enough luck with its produce to use it as a full service grocery store.

However, Wegmans blows them all away. I can't wait until 2015 and they open one 10 minutes away from my house, but until then it is worth the 25 minute drive.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD