Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT - Surviving Whole Foods

Pretty funny article about the Whole Foods experience that went viral yesterday, figured some people would get a kick out of it here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelly-maclean/surviving-whole-foods_b_3895583.html

Fair warning: some of the humor is a little off-color, so if that's not your bag, don't click.
Chicago, Illinois

Comments

• LOL  - reminds me of this:

If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,548
    Namaste!
  • I shopped at Whole Foods for a while.  They have some pretty amazing produce.  They all look too perfect: synthetically plump apples, squash, sweet potatoes, which are all (somehow) organic. It's like the Disneyland of fruits and vegetables.  But honestly, the prices are pretty much unconscionable.  My wife and I moved, and now there's a Trader Joe's right near us.  That place is incredible.  We literally save hundreds each month on our marketing.  I remember going there for the first time, looking at a giant bag filled with organic sweet potatoes for $3.99, and thinking, "I used to pay $2 per sweet potato at Whole Foods!  What on earth have I been doing!?!"  At this point, I straight up despise Whole Foods. 
    Southern California
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    Cool. In the Austin store all the time.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• +1 on Trader Joe's!  SWMBO loves that place.  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
  • SWMBO and I lovingly refer to Whole Foods as The (Whole) Paycheck.  It's amazing (in a not so good way) to drop $100 and walk out with a single, half full bag.
    LBGE, St. Louis, MO
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,542
    Namaste!
    Yep, Sanskrit for GFY!!
    :))

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

• AcnAcn Posts: 1,081
    I can't stand Whole Foods, although I wasn't huge on the piece, I liked the 'Stuff White People Like' take better. I think Fresh Market is a much better option in that vein. Trader Joe's is absolutely fantastic for some stuff, but I haven't had enough luck with its produce to use it as a full service grocery store.

However, Wegmans blows them all away. I can't wait until 2015 and they open one 10 minutes away from my house, but until then it is worth the 25 minute drive.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD