Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Knives

Options
2»

Comments

• Terrebandit
    Options
    Rapala filet knife with a wood handle. I'm a purist.
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I'm not a knife snob, hell.. . I don't know 3/4 of the terms and names ya'll have used. Like most questions I have through this forum I have received good information and different viewpoints to ponder. At this juncture I'm not concerned about a lifetime knife... I'm already 48. I'll pass down my guns, a few dollars and my good looks to my son. I prefer quality items but priorities have to be weighed. I believe, for now I'll keep my cheapo knives and get a relatively good sharpener.

Thanks for the ideas. I enjoy the passion here.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    henapple said:
    I'm not a knife snob, hell.. . I don't know 3/4 of the terms and names ya'll have used. Like most questions I have through this forum I have received good information and different viewpoints to ponder. At this juncture I'm not concerned about a lifetime knife... I'm already 48. I'll pass down my guns, a few dollars and my good looks to my son. I prefer quality items but priorities have to be weighed. I believe, for now I'll keep my cheapo knives and get a relatively good sharpener. Thanks for the ideas. I enjoy the passion here.

One thing I didn't mention - if you have a decent Asian market near you, check them for some good quality knives at ridiculously low prices. Mine here in town has knives which work really well and don't cost but pennies on the dollar compared to those others and I have mentioned. Good luck!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I'm a connoisseur of beer not knives. So the other folks on this thread know way better than I do. But this summer I bought two separate Victornox knives, one for veggie and one for meat. I also got a Kuhn paring knife. Got all three for 50 bucks at a St. Knicks knife outlet. I love them so far. First knives I ever got that didn't come from Walmart.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .