Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted Jalopeno BBQ Sauce

Options
Opted out on making hot sauce. Instead I'm doing a hot bbq sauce.

Roasted some jalepenoes. Using tomato sauce. Garlic. Salt. Brown sugar. A touch of vinigar. And smoke two vidalia onions with mesquite wood.

It's bathing on the egg right now. I'm also sterilizing jars. Ill do a 30 min rolling boil on the sauce before I can it.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

Quick question: did you seed and cut off the inside ridge of the jalapenos?

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    The beast is loaded

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Mickey said:

Quick question: did you seed and cut off the inside ridge of the jalapenos?

No

@mickey

XLBGE 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    ^:)^ you da man
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    Gotta love the sound of seals poppin

XLBGE 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Brandon, is that a pressure cooker or canner? I wouldn't know the difference to look at them.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    Options

Brandon, is that a pressure cooker or canner? I wouldn't know the difference to look at them.
    Also, how is it?!!!?
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Looks good! Like your DO too. My aunt used to make a spicy ketchup from scratch that was delicious. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Quick question are you shipping those out to all your egg head friends.

Looks awesome!

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Justacookin
    Options
    I can a lot of salsa just wondering why the pressure cooker instead of a 10 minute bath.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    All my jalapenos turned red pretty much overnight, this will be a good way to keep them from going to waste.  Thanks!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• MrCookingNurse
    Options
    @justacookin

My seal is broke in the pressure cooker. I did this in a water bath. Ordered a new seal yesterday.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options
    caliking said:

Looks good! Like your DO too. My aunt used to make a spicy ketchup from scratch that was delicious. 

@caliking

Thanks man. That is "my" Dutch oven. Not to be confused with SWMBO's DO which is not aloud on the egg.

I really want to get the hang of this sauce thing. I love canning. But haven't gotten the sauce consistency down just right. This was very close. But not perfect. Ate some with my dawgs tonight.

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Options

It's a presto pressure canner... I guess it'd cook too, but is industrial and prolly wouldn't be fun to clean.

XLBGE 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Looks great. Pressure canner, you peaked my interest, just googled what they are. What made you decide on the Presto?
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • 55drum
    55drum Posts: 162
    Options
    Did you puree the stems as well??? Thanks
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    So if I send you my address I can expect a jar from you when? :)) Looks good, props for makin' up a big batch and canning it for later. When I make a batch, its usually just a little more than we need and some ends up going to waste and teh wife says this doesn't taste like the last one you made.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Options
    Lookin good bro. Just FYI, for an excellent pressure cooker, BBB has Fagor in a couple a sizes. With a 20-25% off coupon, its a must have.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Picked up an All American pressure canner last year for canning bbq sauce for grooms gifts.  Like the name brand says, made in America. (Wisconsin if I'm not mistaken)  It's also gasket less so no worries about it drying out and cracking between uses.  Lots of lock downs so no worries about the top exploding off under pressure.  Warping is not very common with them compared to others made outside the US. It's a nice quality canner but also comes with a price.  I found mine on Craigslist.  They are kind of like eggs on Craigslist.   They go quick if you find them at a good price.    

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Isn't that a pressure canner? Or is there no difference between pressure canner and cooker? The pressure cookers I'm used to don't look quite as bomb-proof.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    edited September 2013
    Options
    My bad. I've only used it as a canner but also can be used as a pressure cooker for bigger meals and larger cuts of meat
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota