Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Trader Joes Santa Maria Tri Tip

Ok I'm not affiliated with Trader Joes but ever since the moved into my area I can't get enough. No it's not new to me I had them when I lived in CA years ago and loved them. Well a few months ago I had both a Tri tip at Costco and reversed seared it, came out awesome and I was determined to do it again someday. Well Costco is 20 miles from my house and I don't have a membership anymore.

TJ,s came to my neighborhood about a month ago and I was combing the place yesterday and came across the Santa Maria Tri Tip. I was a little leery about the marinade and all the sodium and crap in it my wife will complain about, but hey if a few minutes of ####### I think I will survive.

She didn't even notice the package and said nothing score one for me. I did a reverse sear and pulled it at about 130 (I like rare to med rare).

Was pretty awesome but next time I'm going with no marinade and doing DP Cow Lick I think.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

Comments