Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moving this Friday

Of all of my furniture/household items, the egg is my biggest worry.  Rented a Uhaul, but having a moving company to help us load and unload in the new city we are moving too.  I did buy straps to secure the egg to the truck and then was thinking of packing the more heavy items around it.  Was wondering if I should leave it in the nest, should I clean it out, etc?

Any tips would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Comments

• Took my lbe to a friends not to long ago. Cleaned it out...but left all the components in it, loaded in on back of the truck and tied everything down. No problems at all. 
    Columbia, SC ~ LBGE, ThermaPen
    I love to eat...sue me!
  • I would take the fire ring and fire box out of the egg and wrap them in a blanket  each one by them self so nothing breaks,I think that the Egg will be fine in the nest as long as you have it secured to the truck so it can't move I would also ratchet strap the dome closed so if you hit a bump it can't bounce and break good luck with your move you should be fine 
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.