Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New Egg in N Texas

It took some time to get approval to post, but mostly glad to be able to see the pictures in full size now!  I just wanted to drop a note in the forum that I am here and gleening info from you guys (and gals).  The forum came with recommendations from other BGE members that were on a boat forum I frequent...in a BGE thread!  My egg is still in the box.  I was busy selling the boat and took advantage of a sale in Carrollton I couldn't pass up.  I didn't get a nest as I am planning a table.  I am intending to use nakedwhiz plans modified to lower the bottom shelf so as to take advantage of the space for enclosed storage with doors and drawers.  It will be a rolling cart with a granite top...I hope.  That is, if I can stomach the additional expense of that. 

Anyway, just wanted to say howdy, and apologize up front for the stupid questions to follow!  I am a complete noob at smoking or low and slow...never have done it.  I am a DIYer and like structure and following guidelines, so this is going to appeal to me, but I can see it takes practice!  I purchased the platesetter, grill gripper, grid lifter (they threw it in!), and ordered the Mavrick ET 732 dual probe thermometer along with a brown Thermapen that I found on sale from Thermoworks.  So I should be set to become an egghead and enjoy the fruits of my labor, so to speak.  We have been shedding pounds and are weight watchers too, but that doesn't mean you can't have good things, just in moderation!  I also found that forum within, so will visit for help in that department!  I am finalizing my table plans with all the revisions, and looking for a few days off in a row to "break ground" on it.  Thanks for being here, it is always easier to enter into a new adventure  when the path has been blazed and the guides are in place!  And you have already provided me with the desire and guidance to make it this far! 

Just far enough north of DFW to be "rural"...and close enough to be urban, depending on my mood.

Comments